We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18 years or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Services. If you are under 18 years, you may use the Website and our Services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 18 years, please visit the Contact Us page for and reach out to us.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES EZKARMA COLLECT?
WHAT IS THE BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION?
We have a lawful basis for processing of your Information (unless an exemption applies) which is as outlined below:
- Performance of a contract. We may process your Information for performance of a contract with you as may be necessary. For example, we may process your payment information for a donation made by you through our Website.
- Legitimate Interest. We will process your Information in a manner that it serves our necessary and legitimate interests, except in the event where your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms in relation to such Information, override our legitimate interests. Such legitimate interests shall include prevention of fraud or misuse of services, IT and network security, marketing and advertising of Services, and processing for marketing research purposes.
Personally Identifiable Information
"Personally Identifiable Information" is information that identifies a specific User when such User engages in certain activities on the Website, such as creating an account, making a donation through the Website, requesting information about our Services, and such other activities as we may identify on the Website (collectively, "Identification Activities"). It is optional for you to engage in an Identification Activity. We may also receive certain Information about you from third parties when you have agreed via a third party's form/website to share such information with us.
The Personally Identifiable Information we collect depends on the Identification Activity involved. For example, while accepting donations, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal information about yourself, such as your first and last name, mailing address (including zip code), email address, telephone number, date of birth, credit card number, expiration date and authentication codes or related information.
Depending on the Identification Activity, some of the information we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some is identified as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory information for a particular activity that requires it, you may not be permitted to engage in that Identification Activity. Further, since the accuracy of your information is important to us, if you provide us with your Personally Identifiable Information, please keep us informed if such information changes during your relationship with us.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
If in the future you do not wish to receive Cookies, you may be able to refuse them by adjusting your browser settings to reject/block cookies including Cookies associated with our service, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it is important to remember that if you do so, we may be unable to offer you some of our functionalities, services or support. If you have previously visited our Website, you may also have to delete any existing cookies from your browser.
Uses of Collected Information
We may use the Information collected from you for the purposes, including but not limited to those mentioned below:
- to contact you if you have requested information or communication from us;
- to enhance the operation of the Website;
- to provide and improve our Services;
- to analyse Website use;
- to determine the country in which you are located for compliance purposes;
- for security, anti-piracy, and fraud prevention purposes;
- to verify that existing Information about you in our possession is accurate and complete;
- to tailor your experience with third parties;
- to undertake any other promotional activities (where you have previously consented to such promotional activities);
- to ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations;
- to establish an account for future donations by you if you have consented to the creation of an account;
- to provide you with effective customer service and/or technical support (which may include contacting Users who commence but do not complete a payment towards donation process to follow up on the incomplete session or to see if there was a problem with their use of this Website);
- to troubleshoot, resolve disputes and accomplish administrative tasks;
- tailor information presented to you based on your browsing preferences, such as language and geographical region;
- collect statistics regarding your Website usage; and
- provide us with information to support technical functionality of service, improve the Website experience and measure marketing effectiveness.
In some circumstances we will anonymize your Information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Release of Personally Identifiable Information
Third Parties. We do not share Personally Identifiable Information with other parties ("Third Parties") except as a part of the normal operations, examples of which are set out below:
- Sharing of Information with charitable organizations on behalf of whom we have provided the Services to you, for reporting purposes, and to allow such charitable organizations to register your donation.
- Sharing of Information with other entities, which may include but may not be limited to our present or future affiliates, i.e., individuals and companies with whom we have business relationships ("Affiliates"), to provide joint services or certain services to us or on our behalf and help us to operate our business. Such entities may also obtain Information from the Website itself, for providing services to us for our business including sending out and distributing our administrative and promotional emails and measurement of the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content and programming, through means including those of Cookies, Pixel tags and other web technologies. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with such Third Party service providers to fulfil your requests for Services, send post or email, remove repetitive information on customer lists, analyze data, provide marketing assistance, provide search results and links, process credit card payments, operate the Website, troubleshoot, and provide customer service. We may also collect personal information from our Affiliates and may have to also share their information with such Third Party service providers to accomplish our administrative tasks. We encourage Third Parties and Third Party service providers to adopt and publicly inform their privacy policies. However, the use of your Personally Identifiable Information by such parties is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to our control.
For all other purposes, we will ask for your consent before sharing Personally Identifiable Information with any Third Party. Also, when such Information has already been provided to a Third Party, and you wish that the Company or such Third Party stop using such information, you may, at any time, write to us or such Third Party, as the case may be, to stop using such Information. We specifically disclaim any responsibility or liability for the actions of such Third Parties. While we inform them that they are only permitted to communicate with you for the purposes of the specific activity in relation to the Company, we do not have any responsibility for the actions of the Third Parties, and the actions of the Third Parties are not in our control.
Facebook is operated by Facebook Inc., Menlo Park, California, United States of America ("Facebook"). You will find an overview on Facebook's Plugins and what they look like at https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins.
YouTube is operated by Alphabet Inc., Googleplex, Mountain View, California, United States of America.
Twitter is operated by Twitter Inc., San Francisco, California, USA ("Twitter"). You will find an overview on Twitter's Plugins and what they look like at https://twitter.com/about/resources/buttons.
Instagram is operated by Facebook, Inc., Menlo Park, California, United States of America ("Instagram"). You will find an overview on Instagram's Plugins and what they look like at https://www.instagram.com/developer/embedding.
LinkedIn is operated by LinkedIn Corporation, 1000 West Maude Avenue, Sunnyvale CA 94085, USA ("LinkedIn"). You will find an overview on LinkedIn's Plugin and what they look like at https://developer.linkedin.com/plugins.
If you are logged in with one of the Providers' services, they will be able to assign your visit on our Website to your profile with the respective Provider. If you interact with any of the Plugins, e.g. by pressing the "Like" button, this information will also be sent directly to the server of the Provider and stored there. The information will also be published in the social network on your respective account, e.g. Twitter, and displayed to your contacts there.
For more information on the purpose and extent of the data acquisition and how data are processed and used by the respective Provider as well as regarding your rights and optional settings to protect your privacy, please refer to the privacy policies of the respective Provider:
If you do not want YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn to allocate data collected on our Website to your profile in their service, you must log out of the respective service before visiting our Website.
We work hard to protect the Website and our Users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems. We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your Personally Identifiable Information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your Information for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your Information, the purposes for which we process your Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see "Your Legal Rights" below for further information.
Privacy Policies of Third Party Websites
Payment through the Website
You may, from time to time, choose to provide payment related financial information (credit card, debit card, bank account details, billing address etc.) on the Website. We are committed to keeping all such sensitive data/information safe at all times and ensure that such data/information is only transacted over secure website of approved payment gateways which are digitally encrypted, and provide the highest possible degree of care available under the technology presently in use.
WHAT ARE YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have certain rights under data protection laws in relation to your Information such as requesting access to your data, requesting correction of your data, requesting erasure of your data, objecting to processing of your data, requesting restriction of processing of your data, requesting transfer of your data to you or a third party and requesting to withdraw consent to process your data. If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
It is hereby clarified that you will not have to pay a fee to access your Information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may refuse to comply with your request if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
SECURITY OF MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and personal information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other personal information we hold in our records, but we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
Note: As effective as encryption technology is, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won't be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. Any transmission of information by you to us or otherwise is at your own risk.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION CAN I ACCESS?
Through your account settings, you may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete the following information you've provided to us:
- name and password
- e-mail address
- user profile information and location
The information you can view and update may change as the Website changes. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please visit the Contact Us page and reach out to us.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
You can always opt not to disclose information to use, but keep in mind some information may be needed to register with us or to take advantage of some of our special features/ Services. We will retain your personal information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires. If you'd like us to delete/modify Information that you have provided via the Website or otherwise to us, please visit the Contact Us page and reach out to us and we will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of the Information provided by You to us may be required in order for the Website or the Services to function properly.
You may be able to add, update, or delete information as explained in section above. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records. Please note that some information may remain in our private records after your deletion of such information from your account. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your personal information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
"Cookie": A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
"IP address": Every computer connected to the Internet is assigned a unique number known as an IP address. Since these numbers are usually assigned in country-based blocks, an Internet Protocol address can often be used to identify the country from which a computer is connecting to the Internet.
"Server logs": Like most websites, our servers automatically record the page requests made when you visit our sites. These "server logs" typically include your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
"Pixel tag": A pixel tag is a type of technology placed on a website or within the body of an email for the purpose of tracking activity on websites, or when emails are opened or accessed, and is often used in combination with cookies.